Re: New deployment concept - honeypot farms

From: Niels Provos <provos_at_citi.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:13:13 -0400

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 08:00:52AM -0500, Lance Spitzner wrote:
> New paper on how to deploy distributed honeypots for
> large environments, honeypot farms. The concept is
> you simplify large deployments of honeypots by consolidating
> all of your honeypots in one physical location, then
> deploying logical redirectors across your networks.
You should have mentioned the GRE tunnel capabilities of Honeyd. The
purpose is to consolidate several topographically separate networks to
a single Honeyd locations. That is how I have been running my spam
traps for months now.

You can also use it for distributed Honeyd installations where you
have more than one Honeyd host sharing the load among themselves.

Niels.