Wireless Honeyd tests=AWL,BAYES_10,KNOWN_MAILING_LIST,USER_IN_WHITELIST version=2.53

From: Suen YEK <syek_at_student.ecu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:17:22 +0800

I am new to the forum but I have been researching honeypots for a short while now and am currently deploying a wireless honeyd for my honours project.

Although my honeyd and arpd both start and run, I can not seem to get nmap to fingerprint any of the operating systems. All PINGs work yet nmap returns either 'all ports open' or 'no ports open'.

Does anybody have ideas on this?

Presently I am using Nessus to scan the honeyd network - it is taking so long - Does anybody have any experience or ideas regarding the use of honeyd in wireless environments?