RE: No more unused IP-how?

From: Mortis <m0rtis_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:22:09 -0500

> Lets say I am using IP 204.15.5.165 and subnet mask
> 255.255.255.224.
> Is my network ID 204.15.5.160? Cos I need to know to
> configure snort.

The calculator [@1] that Google [@2] pointed me to indicates
you are correct.

> Also,assuming that there is no more unused IP in my
> network, how can I use honeyd? What do I need to do?

This is a FAQ [@3]. You use NAT/PAT.

Do you have a specific question regarding the NAT setup
under your configuration?

[@1] http://www.cotse.com/networkcalculator.html
[@2] http://www.google.com/search?q=subnet+mask+calculator
[@3]