Re: honeypot sw for nmap testbed?

From: Laurent OUDOT <oudot_at_rstack.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:19:38 +0100

Hi guy,

You should glance at the Honeyd web site :
http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/provos/honeyd

Honeyd, from Niels Provos, is a free powerfull solution to create a safe
playground for a fan club of nmap end users.

It will use nmap (and xprobe !) files to simulate a stack IP.

For example, if you want that 10.0.0.1 looks like being a playstation 2,
that's okay u'll need 2 or 3 lines to add in the configuration file. Oh
now you want to add a Windows XP box, just ask Honeyd !

Just try and it'll give you ideas to easily play with random networks.

Have fun,

laurent