Honeyd 0.7a Linux Toolkit - beta1

From: Lance Spitzner <lance_at_honeynet.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:55:17 -0600 (CST)

One my personal goals is to make it easier to use the
advanced capabilities of Honeyd. The new 0.7a Honeyd
Toolkit is an attempt to do just that. The Toolkit
contains the following:

 - Statically compiled Honeyd and Arpd binaries
  (X86 Linux) and start-up scripts for easier
   deployment.

 - Collection of as many emulated services and scripts
   I could find. These scripts are organized based on
   the OS they emulate, to make it easier to deploy
   virtual honeypots. If you know of any more, and would
   like them added, please let me know.

 - Honeyd.conf.bloat. A configuration file that attempts
   to create and demonstrate as many different templates
   as possible.

The Toolkit can definitely use some help, including new
templates, added scripts, and any words of guidance or
wisdom based on your experience. You can give it a whirl
at

   http://www.tracking-hackers.com/solutions/honeyd/

Any suggestions, contributions, or bugs greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

lance