honeyd and routing

From: fleshcrawler <fleshcrawler_at_fleshcrawler.dyndns.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:52:08 +0100

Hello,

I now managed to set up a running honeyd network. While doing this
I encountered some awful problems. I have 2 ethernet devices in my
box. eth0 is the local network and eth1 is the honey-net mixed with
vservers. Somehow I had to setup strange routing tables to get the
honeyd answering the requests to the network. I had to route the
local 10.0.0.0/8 on eth0 network through the 192.168.0.0/16 network
on eth1 and then honeyd respondet to requests. This is somehow
strange because the honeyd is setup to listen on eth0.

Does someone have a recipe how to make the honeyd listen to
network traffic on it's specifiyed devices without strange and
cryptic routing?

Another problem ist that when I redirect traffic from the inter net
to a honeyd-host it won't respond to requests (for example telnet).

Thank's for your patience!