Re: Error running honeyd-0.7a-beta2 kit

From: Lance Spitzner <lance_at_honeynet.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 21:44:26 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, James Chong wrote:

> I have been playing around with honeyd but cannot seem
> to get it to run.I am using the latest kit by Niel.

Hate to break this to you, but you are actually not using
the current toolkit. It appears you are using the older 0.5
Linux toolkit. For the latest, please go to

   http://www.tracking-hackers.com/solutions/honeyd

> I got this error.
> + ./honeyd -p nmap.prints -f honeyd.conf -x
> xprobe2.prints -a nmap.assoc -l /var/log/honeyd
> 192.168.1.201-192.168.1.204
> honeyd[4610]: started with -p nmap.prints -f
> honeyd.conf -x xprobe2.prints -a nmap.assoc -l
> /var/log/honeyd 192.168.1.201-192.168.1.204
> honeyd: fopen(xprobe2.prints): No such file or
> directory

> Also, I tried emulating routers but cannot seem to do
> so.What do I need to do?

The new toolkit has extensive examples and new papers detailing
how to do just that :)

Best of luck!

lance