Re: A simple questions on redirecting USER_IN_DEF_WHITELIST autolearn=no version=2.63

From: <gconnell_at_middlebury.edu>
Date: 29 Mar 2004 06:32:22 -0000

I may be misunderstanding your question, but it seems to me that all you need is arpd. arpd is a simple little program that looks at arp requests sent out by computers to IP addresses. If an IP is owned by a computer, it will respond to the request with an "arp response" packet saying where the computer is. If no computer responds within a certain time limit (3 secs?), arpd sends its own response, redirecting traffic to your computer (ie: honeypot).

On the honeyd web page,
http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/provos/honeyd/
go down under the Source Code heading, and you'll see a link for the source for arpd 0.2. Compile and install that, then check out the arpd man page, and you should be set.

    --Cleverduck